The tragic death of a beautiful Nigerian lady has just been reported on social media. She was said to have received a phone call while filling her gas cylinder.
Late Olori Margaret Opeyemi was said to have been cooking for her mom’s 70th birthday when her gas finished and she immediately stepped out with her driver to re-fill the gas when the unfortunate incident happened.
The sad news was shared on Sunday, December 17, on Facebook by Desmond Peters. He also shared some of her pictures with the caption:
“This is one of the Directors of State of Osun Ambulance. She died yesterday in Osogbo while using her phone where she was filling her gas cylinder very sad. She was actually celebrating her mum's 70th birthday & she needed to go and refill as they ran out of gas while cooking. She went with her driver and getting to the filling station, she had a call & right inside her car, there was fire ignition & explosion as a result of the phone she answered close to the gas cylinder. Please note that NO telephone calls in the following places:
1. Petrol Station
2. Gas filling station
4. Near your Generator. Also don't use your telephone light to check the generator.
Be safety conscious and stay alive.”
On Friday, December 15, the family the deceased had a candle light procession on her behalf and on Saturday, December 16, the she was finally laid to rest.
My life after the plane crash - Nigerian plane crash survivor Kechi Okwuchi speaks to NAIJ TV - on NAIJ.com TV.