- Did you know that about 69% of Nigerian children are victims of sexual violence?
- Did you know that 98% of sexual violence cases reported in Lagos are females while the other 2% are males?
- Police officer warns parents to desist from leaving their female kids with male relatives
A Zimbabwean senior police officer has advised parents not to leave their female children with male relatives for fear of violation.
The police officer, Precious Simango, who is stationed in Bulawayo, explained that there is a high chance that the child might be violated sexually by the male relative.
Simango said: “We want to reiterate that every male is a potential rapist and as such we want to warn the public not to leave the girl child under the guardianship of male relatives.”
She said: “We also want to urge the youths not to indulge in activities that may endanger their lives.”
NAIJ.com findings show that about 69% of Nigerian children are victims of sexual violence. In Lagos state alone, there have been 1,110 cases of sexual violence reported between July 2013 – July 2015 and 98% of the victims are females while the other 2% are males.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
Watch 3 year anniversary of Chibok girls who were abducted by Boko Haram