A few months back, Ademilola Odujinrin was reported to have embarked on his first solo trip around the world alone . He specifically made that decision so his dream can become a reality.
NAIJ.com exclusively gathered that Odujinrin did not only accomplish his mission, he also made history as he became the first African man to fly solo around the world within a little time. He covered 5 continents within 9 months.
Odujinrin completed the final leg of his historic trip on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, after landing safely at the Washington Dulles International Airport, where he had started the first leg on his trip in September, 2016.
Following his great achievement, there are a lot of things many do not know about this adventurous man. NAIJ.com made a list and brings 7 amazing things you need to know about ADEMILOLA ODUJINRIN:
1. He is the 115th man to have embarked on this challenging trip.
2. This young man met with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi in 2016, in Washington DC, USA where he seeked the royal blessings so he can go on his trip and come back in peace.
3. He got his inspiration during his childhood times especially while flying kites on the streets before he accompanied his uncle on a flight trip at the age of 9.
4. In 2008, he officially became a commercial pilot and in 2011, after which he got his first international job.
5. He was once the pilot that flew Cross River state's former governor, Liyel Imoke who told him he was crazy for saying he wants to fly around the world.
6. The hardest time for him was when he had to fly for about 14 hours on the Pacific Ocean back to California.
7. Mr Odujinrin’s inspiration is to impact into the youth by letting them know that ‘no dream is too small to achieve’.
Watch video of how Lola Odujinrin narrated his trip around the world:
Watch related video below: