NAIJ.com gathered that the lives of five siblings were lost in a fire accident which occurred in the Mpape area of Bwari, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
According to reports from Punch Metro, the lives of five siblings were lost in a fire incident on Saturday, April 1.
The fire was said to have started following sparks from nearby electric cables which turned into a fire that burnt their apartment, after power was restored by the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC).
According to residents who had made efforts to save the children who were trapped in the house, their rescue mission was all in vain as there was no water available to quench the raging fire.
The district head of the Mpape community identified as Alhaji Abubakar Gimba, said:
“We rushed to see how we could put out the fire, but before we could do that, the five children were already dead.”
Speaking on the issue, the spokesperson for the AEDC, Ahmed Shekarau, said the company had sent some of its officials on a fact-finding mission.
“At the moment, we have sent our team to investigate and they have yet to report back to us. Yes, some people said the fire started after power was restored, but others said the fire started from the generator. It was just this morning that our attention was called to it by a resident of the community who attended a safety sensitisation campaign we organised last week. .
We are surprised they just told us. When we get a preliminary report, and it shows it has something to do with electricity, we will have to set up another committee to find out why it happened.”
Meanwhile, the Abuja police spokesperson, Anjuguri Manzah, said he is yet to be briefed on the situation.
RIP to them.
See this video of a woman who lost four children in one day after their home was demolished: