Following reports that they had been poisoned by their brother after a visit to their hometown in Liberia, the real cause of the death of these couple has been revealed.
Earlier reports stated that the US-based couple identified as Lawrence and Shelly Gross, had been poisoned while spending the Christmas break in their home in Chocolate City, Monrovia, Liberia.
Contrary to that report, details have emerged over how the couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning which led to their suffocation, while they slept in their room.
According to reports given by members of the deceased's family, an autopsy carried out by a Nigerian Anatomical Pathologist identified as Dr. Christopher Chinedu Obiorah, revealed that the couple's brains were swollen, which is consistent with carbon monoxide inhalation.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
Confirming the story, a police source said that there was a 1.5 KVA gasoline generator placed in the garage of the house, and the fumes circulated in the Gross' room.
“The poisonous gas was concentrated in the deceased room which faced directly across the hallway where the inner door to the garage is located. The house’s windows too are airtight so ventilation was very poor in the house. You see, the thing about carbon monoxide is that it is odorless, tasteless and colorless.
It is very difficult to detect and it’s very dangerous. The sad thing was that there was no exhaust pipe connected to the generator for the smoke to exit the building.”
Following claims that accusations have been flying back and forth between Lawrence and Shelly's family, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Col. Gregory Coleman, initiated a peace talk between them.
“Both families have been trading accusations but the IG has advised them to go back, hold a meeting among themselves and make peace with each other.”
SOURCE: Front Page Africa.