Man murdered exactly one year after getting married

Man murdered exactly one year after getting married

A young man was reportedly murdered one the day of the celebration of his 1st marriage anniversary.

Man murdered barely one year after getting married

Saheed Eluyara was reportedly murdered on the day of his first wedding anniversary

According to reports, a young man identified as Saheed Eluyara, was murdered one year after marrying his wife Funke. The couple were due to celebrate their first wedding anniversary after getting married on December 15, 2015, but death came knocking without warning.

37-year-old Saheed, a newspaper agent, had woken up on December 15, 2016, with plans of spending the day celebrating with his wife whom he had dated for 5 years before marrying and their 7-month-old twins before tragedy struck, as he was killed by suspected cultists who were fighting at Orogba, Ilesa, Osun state.

Confirming the incident, his younger brother identified as Posi, told Saturday Sun:

“The day of the wedding was his best day, in his entire life, my brother was a jovial person, but that day was special. He danced and was happy. Since the day he got married, he would always advise me that marriage is good and that I should go and get a wife. He said that the joy of seeing his children cry for his attention or the peace of having a good wife and the joy of not having to be stressed to make food after the day’s work were the reasons he loved marriage. His wife has never complained.”

PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App

Mourning the death of her husband, Funke who kept recounting all the plans she had made with Saheed, kept shouting:

“Who will train my children? You promised that Taye (boy) will be a doctor and Kehinde (girl) will be a lawyer and we will grow old together.”

Man murdered barely one year after getting married

Late Saheed and Funke on their wedding day

Posi also narrated what happened on the unfortunate day his brother was murdered. He said:

On that day he was killed, it was his one year anniversary (sic), he had already told his wife to dress up the twins that they were going to celebrate after he was done with the day’s work. He was a very lovely and jovial person. His smile was contagious. He did not like to cheat people. He was a philanthropist by default. He rendered help even when it was to his own disadvantage. He was an easy-going person. His routine was from work to mosque then home. He had no enemies in the state.

READ ALSO: 18-year-old murdered by suspected cultists two days before relocation to America (photos)

He went to Wesley College to supply them and headed to a barbing saloon to clean up, on his way, he discovered that the motorcycle was having some fault and decided to repair it, since he was going out with his family later. It was at the junction where he was repairing his motorcycle that he saw some men, engaging in a brutal fight. Then he decided to intervene. But the fight became fierce. In the process, they hit him with an object right at the centre of his head, and he lay there dead.

It was later on that we found out that the two men that were fighting were rival cult members. I think he didn’t know this, it was when he heard why they were fighting that he wanted to run like every other person, but he was hit by them. People who were there, didn’t help him because of the group that were fighting.

When asked if his brother had any enemies that might have tried to harm him, Posi said:

“The job that he is doing is the same thing that I am doing. It was the job our father did. When he was retiring he told us to take it over. He was well known. He had the mind to intervene because of his reputation as a peacemaker. If we are not enjoying it or see the job as a risky one, we wouldn’t have agreed to do it. He did the job for over 13years."

READ ALSO: Unknown gunmen murders Minister Emmanuel Niyonkuru

He also spoke about how his elderly parents have been taking the news of the death of their son:

We buried him because of how our parent was taking it. Since his death, my father has fainted twice and now we can’t leave our father alone because he might faint and nobody will be there to help him. If we had left him in the mortuary, our parent will not stop the tears from flowing.

The family has reached out to the state government and the Commissioner of Police, Fimihan Adeoye, begging for justice for their murdered son:

When we got to the State Crime Investigation Department, SCID, on Tuesday, the police said that they have not arrested anybody, therefore, we should go ahead with his burial process. They promised that they will be searching for the culprits. The cult clashes here in Osogbo are too much. They have been killing people anyhow. We now live in fear.

We plead with the state government to please find our brother’s killers and protect the rest of us that are alive. The children of my brother might suffer now, because there is no way anybody could be like their father.

Chai!! RIP to him!


Related news
Physically challenged woman who aspires to be an activist for disabled people shares her story (photos)

Physically challenged woman who aspires to be an activist for disabled people shares her story (photos)

Physically challenged woman who aspires to be an activist for disabled people shares her story (photos)
Mailfire view pixel